Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Coconut Milk Salted Caramel



I love when failures turn into sweet and salty success. Sometimes, I make things on a whim. I originally went to make coconut milk whipped cream but didn't prepare by putting the coconut milk in the fridge overnight. So my coconut milk whipped cream just stayed as coconut milk. I didn't want to waste it and needed a topping for my cupcakes and that's how this became one of the best vegan dessert topping ever and a staple in our house.

1 Can Coconut Milk 
1/2 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar
1 TSP Sea Salt
2 TSP Vanilla

In a small saucepan, over low heat, add your ingredients. Slowly raise the heat...slooooowly....
It will start to bubble and then lower heat and let simmer.
Keep stirring and stand close. Do not let your sugar burn!
Let simmer until it has reached your desired thickness.
Remove from heat and drizzle over your favorite desserts or eat it straight from the jar!
Store in a mason jar and keep in the fridge.


I love when failures turn into sweet and salty success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment