Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Garlic Herb Butter


This is probably the only time you will see me go "Paula Deen" on my blog. As much as I loooove me some butter, I try to avoid it as much as possible. I don't cook with butter much but believe me, I miss it. One reason I don't eat butter much is because I don't eat bread! The best part is smearing a big glob of butter on some french bread. Without french bread what's the point of a bunch of calories and fat? Well, I have found the reason for extra calories. We all deserve a little butter from time to time, especially when it's mixed with roasted garlic. 

2 Heads of Garlic
2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter
1/4 TSP of Salt (Unless you use salted butter)
Your Choice of Herbs
*I used fresh parsley, basil, and dried oregano flakes


The first step (and best step) is roasting whole heads of garlic. 

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Cut off the tips of the garlic (Shown above)
Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of a dish and then all over the garlic. ALL over. 
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and crimp the edges so it's sealed.
Roast in the oven for 35-45 Minutes.
Start checking around 25 minutes to make sure it's not burning.
Your house will smell amazing at this point. 
Once your garlic is roasted, let it cool down before trying to get the individual cloves out.
(You can also stop here and not make butter. Roasted garlic can be used for so much!)


Cut the sticks of butter into little chunks.
Put chunks into a large bowl and let sit for a little bit until it's softer.
Once your garlic is cooled and butter is soft, take a fork and start squishing the garlic into the butter. 
Add salt and herbs and keep mixing until it's mixed.
It is okay if the butter gets super soft and soupy because it will harden back up in the fridge.
Roll the butter into parchment paper and wrap up! Stick it in the fridge and you are good to go!
P.S. How cute is my heart parchment paper, I love asian markets.


No comments:

Post a Comment