Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Strawberry Lemonade Muffins


When life hands you lemons, bake strawberry lemonade muffins! 
Finally! I did it! I can officially consider myself a baker. After about 5 failed attempts at muffins from scratch I successfully created soft, sweet, and delicious muffins. Of course they are gluten free but also sugar free!  I have been messing around in the kitchen preparing for my first time selling "Annie's Gluten Free Grub" at an art expo next week. I am nervous and excited! I can't just sell mediocre muffins right? I have learned the key to gluten free baking is all about the flours. Finding the right combination of flours was a daunting task. I tried combinations of just about everything and nothing was working. I must have trashed about 60 muffins. I know, that's a waste. I wanted to give them away  but I didn't want to subject anyone to torture. After almost giving up, I decided to give it one more try. I honestly almost cried when they came out of the oven. The key to these was Cup4Cup Gluten Free all purpose flour. I will never use another flour again. These muffins by far are some of the most delicious and moist baked goods ever. I want to give myself the credit, but I am pretty sure it's because of this flour. You can check out their website here: Cup4Cup
Try out their flour for these muffins as well as other great gluten free baked goods. 

1 Cup "Cup4Cup" GF All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Almond Flour
1 TSP Baking Soda
2 Lemons, Zest and Juice from both
1/4 Cup Honey
1/4 TSP Sea Salt
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
2 TBSP Coconut Oil, Melted
3 Eggs
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Cup Strawberries
1 TBSP Agave Nectar

Preheat your oven to 325 Degrees
Grease your muffin tins.

In a bowl combine honey, coconut oil, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Whisk really well, until almost frothy. 

In a different bowl combine your dry ingredients. Cup4Cup flour, almond flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.

Mix together your dry ingredients and wet ingredients and stir until blended together. Whisk it! Make sure there are no lumps.

In a blender, add 1 cup strawberries and agave. Blend real quick until you have a thick puree. 

Fill your muffin tins about 3/4 full. On the top of the muffins add some strawberry puree and swirl around. Bake for 16-18 minutes until you poke with a toothpick and it comes out clear. 

Muffins! Enjoy! xx


*Makes about 14 Muffins
*If anyone uses another type of GF All Purpose Flour let me know how it turns out! Leave a comment! xo





2 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I love strawberries in my muffins, and adding the lemon zest and juice is totally inspired. Just curious, what's the reasoning behind using the almond flour in addition to the AP GF flour blend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fresh strawberries added just the right touch of sweetness! I think I will be adding more next time. I used almond flour because the last time I made successful muffins were using almond flour. I tried combining different flours and this combination of the cup4cup flour and almond flour worked best. I guess really there is not a definite reason to it! Just luck :]! (I also didn't want to use up all the cup4cup flour!)

    ReplyDelete