Thursday, April 18, 2013

Super Green Veggie Quinoa with Spinach Cashew Cream Sauce


Protein packed quinoa mixed with every green veggie I had in my fridge...perfection! This is an easy vegan dish for any meal. In my previous post, I showed you all how to make my spinach cashew cream sauce. This is one of the many ways to use it. I always have some leftover quinoa in my fridge for reasons like this. It is versatile and packed with nutrients. My favorite, of course is Ancient Harvest Quinoa company so head over to their website and check them out Ancient Harvest This dish can be served cold or warm and tastes amazing both ways! Enjoy XO


1 Cup Broccoli, Small Pieces
1 Zuchinni, Cut in Chunks
5 Asparagus, Cut in Chunks
1 Cup Kale, Small Pieces, Loosely Packed 
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
1 TBSP Olive Oil

Use leftover quinoa or cook some quinoa. 1 Cup dry quinoa turns into about 3 cups cooked.
Cut and prepare your veggies.

Heat olive oil over medium heat. Quickly sauté the veggies and garlic for about 2 minutes. I personally don't like my veggies super cooked so it's all about preference on this step.

When the veggies are cooked, add in 1 cup quinoa and mix.
Add the spinach cashew cream and mix!
Easy! Vegan! Gluten Free! Enjoy XO



No comments:

Post a Comment