Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sriracha Salt


Yes, you read that right...Sriracha salt. 
I think I might put sriracha on just about everything. For all the sriracha fans out there, you know what I mean.. It really does go well with everything. I came across a picture of sriracha salt on instagram and immediately knew that I had to get my hands on some. After doing some googling, I found some online. I added it to my cart and hit check out. As I am pulling out my wallet I realize wait a second, I am about to pay $17.00 for salt. The frugal girl living inside me was smacking her head. I am so happy I didn't spend all that money because this super easy recipe costs about $1.00 to make. You can't really even compare that! Now go spend the $16.00 you saved on something special, like more sriracha. 

1/2 Cup Salt 
5 TBSP Sriracha

*I used coarse sea salt and it ended up being a little too coarse. Had to grind this down a bit more. I will be messing around more with different flavored salts so I will let you all know which kind works best! 

Option 1
Heat your oven to 200 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, mix the sriracha and salt until the salt is coated.
Spread out the salt on the baking sheet into a thin layer. It's okay if some overlaps but try and spread the  salt the best you can. 
Put the salt into the oven.
Turn off the oven. NOW! GO!
The salt can burn really easily.
Let the salt dry slowly in the oven but every few min take out and shake around so it doesn't stick or burn.
Store in an airtight container once dry.

Option 2
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, mix the sriracha and salt until the salt is coated.
Spread out the salt on the baking sheet into a thin layer.
Let the salt dry uncovered for 1-2 days.
*We have cats, so this wasn't really an option for us!




Ain't she a beauty? 




No comments:

Post a Comment