Monday, February 25, 2013

Roasted Poblano Shrimp


Shrimp is my favorite seafood, possibly favorite food. When I was little, I used to eat so much shrimp that my older sisters told me I would turn pink. Well, I kept eating shrimp by the buckets and it never happened so I think I am in the clear. If I do turn pink, I hope my hair turns pink first. This shrimp dish is so easy and delicious. It uses fresh roasted poblanos for a smokey and slightly spicy twist. 

1 Pound Fresh Raw Shrimp, Deveined 
1 Poblano Pepper, Roasted
1/2 Small Red Onion, Roughly Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, Roughly Chopped
1/3 Cup Cream
1 Zucchini, Cut in Chunks
1 Cup Mushrooms, Sliced

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
First, start off by roasting your poblano pepper. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Rub your poblano pepper with your choice of high heat oil. I used Grapeseed Oil.
Roast your poblanos for about 40-45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes or so. 
Your poblanos will turn darker and start to "blister" and peel.
This is my favorite part of the recipe because your house will smell so good and spicy!


Let your poblanos cool down and then peel the outer skin. The skin should come off fairly easy. If the skin doesn't peel off without effort, then you should roast it a bit more. Cut pepper and take out the seeds and ribs.

Wash, peel and devein your shrimp. Here is a guide to how to devein shrimp.

In a food processor or blender, combine roasted poblano, red onion, garlic and cream and blend. Add a pinch or two of salt. 

In a large skillet, heat 1 TBSP olive oil over medium heat.
Add the zucchinis and mushrooms, cook for 2-3 minutes and then add your shrimp.
Saute until shrimp are almost pink, turn down heat a bit and then add your poblano sauce.
Don't let sauce boil as the cream will curdle. 
Cook until shrimp are fully cooked and opaque.

Serve hot and enjoy! xx 








No comments:

Post a Comment