Sunday, February 10, 2013

Toasted Cashew Butter


I try to grocery shop by what's on sale each week. I wait patiently every week until wednesday morning when I open my email, and see the new weekly sale flyer and do a little happy dance as I get to plan the weeks recipes. This week, cashews. For the first recipe, is this delicious Toasted Cashew Butter. This cashew nut butter is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Toasting the cashews brings out their sweetness. They make your house smell heavenly too!

1 Cup Raw Cashews
1/4 TSP Sea Salt
1/4 Cinnamon 
3 TBSP Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Spread cashews in a single layer on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. 
Roast Cashews for 10 minutes, toss around at 5 mins.
Let the cashews cool (You can speed up the process by sticking them in the freezer for a few minutes)




In food processor, combine cooled cashews, sea salt, cinnamon and olive oil and blend until desired consistency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment