Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sweet and Sour Cabbage


The worst part of the week is going through your fridge and seeing how much produce was wasted. My goals for the year was to save more money and waste less food. It has been a refreshing challenge trying to create new dishes before our fresh veggies and produce go bad. This dish all started with a bag of cabbage. The cabbage stared at me for a week saying "maaakeee something with me." I have never been a big cabbage fan, and seems like the only way I eat it is with fish tacos (I end up picking off most of the cabbage too) Well friends, here it is! An amazing, delicious way to eat cabbage. I made it two nights in a row because it was so satisfying, and because it was a huge bag of shredded cabbage. 
This quick and easy side dish is a great addition to any asian themed meal. 

1 TBSP Olive Oil
1/2 Onion, Sliced
3/4 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved or Quartered
2 TBSP Rice Wine Vinegar
1 TBSP Sambal Oelek (Chili Garlic Sauce)
1 Zucchini, Cut in Chunks
8-10 Ounces, Shredded Cabbage

In a large skillet, heat 1 TBSP Olive Oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes until onions start to turn translucent. 
Add the cherry tomatoes, zucchini, rice wine vinegar, cabbage and sambal oelek and sauté for a few more minutes until cabbage is tender.
Serve hot and enjoy! xx 



No comments:

Post a Comment